Congratulations to our 2016 Raffle Winners!
Thank you to all of the ZACH volunteers, staff, Trustees, friends, and patrons who purchased tickets to the Mercedes-Benz raffle in the past five months. Each year, we encourage anyone who can to participate in hopes of building stronger resources for our artistic and education programs.
Together, 978 households purchased 4,209 tickets and raised $103,050 for ZACH’s programs. Yesterday in a public drawing, a Mercedes-Benz representative drew the following three winners:
- 1st Prize Mercedes-Benz of Austin Winner: Keri-Dawn Solner (staff member, purchased 6 tickets)
- 2nd Prize Winner: Cass Wheeler (1-time ticket buyer, purchased 6 tickets)
- 3rd Prize Winner: Barbara Bittner (subscriber, purchased 3 tickets)
We could not do it without each and every one of you. Thank you again and we look forward to next year’s festivities.
Official ZACH Theatre Raffle Rules
- $50 per ticket or 3 for $100.
- No limit on number of tickets purchased by an individual.
- Raffle purchase is for chance and is not tax deductible.
- No refunds on raffle ticket purchases.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of raffle tickets purchased. No limit on number of tickets sold.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- No physical tickets will be sent to online purchasers, however online entries will be confirmed via email.
- All prizes will be subject to federal tax withholding in accordance with the requirements of Federal law.
- No raffle tickets will be sold after August 31, 2016.
- ZACH Theatre is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries.
- ZACH Staff and Board Trustees are eligible to win if they purchase tickets.
Selection and Notification of Winners
- Drawing to be held on September 7, 2016 at 1:00pm at ZACH Theatre.
- 1st drawn winner receives choice of three prize packages. 2nd drawn winner receives choice of two remaining prize packages. 3rd drawn winner receives final remaining prize package.
- Winner must show proof of a valid driver’s license in order to claim the prize.
- Winners will be contacted by phone and email. If the winner cannot be reached after 72 hours from first notification attempt, the winner’s ticket is found to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by random drawing from the remaining tickets from the final drawing. ZACH Theatre is not responsible for problems occurring through telecommunications or the Internet, which may affect winner’s receipt of the prize notification.
- Raffle winners will be posted online at zachtheatre.org after three eligible winners have been chosen.
Each prize is subject to the following official prize details and restrictions
- $50,000 credit toward the purchase of a vehicle through Mercedes-Benz of Austin. Car pictured for display purposes only. Sales tax, title and license not included. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. ZACH Theatre will file an IRS Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service reporting the value of the prize as income to the winner. Prior to receipt of vehicle credit and no later than December 31, 2016, winner will provide ZACH Theatre with a completed and signed IRS Form W-9 and Form W-2G and must remit cash payment for total taxable income to satisfy 25% of U.S. income tax withholding. Total taxable income to the winner is equal to amount of $50,000 credit, less cost of total cost of all raffle tickets purchased by the winner.
- Two round-trip Southwest Airlines tickets in the United States. Airline tickets have no restrictions or black-out dates. Tickets expire August 29, 2017. Tickets valued at $800.
- VIP Priscilla, Queen of the Desert Experience for 8 guests in the Topfer Theatre Director’s Booth. Includes private seating in directors booth for up to 8 guests during a mutually agreed upon performance date and hors d’oeuvres and wine provided by ZACH bar. Experience valued at $1,000