ZACH Theatre has always made inclusivity a mainstay of our productions.
To continue this tradition, we have created a sensory-friendly performance. A sensory-friendly performance is specifically geared toward people or groups on the autism spectrum. The term “sensory friendly” is a common term for events and experiences at theaters and museums.
For ZACH’s performance:
- Adjustments to lighting and sound elements that may be sudden or intense.
- Detailed information prior to your visit outlining what to expect when you arrive.
- A more relaxed theatre environment that allows patrons to move around, respond, or take a break as needed.
- Spaced out seating throughout theatre to allow each individual/group the space they need to relax and enjoy the performance.
- A quiet space set up in our lobby for those who might want to take a break during the performance.
- Individuals should feel free to bring any personal communication devices or sensory supports they
Sensory Friendly Performances
The following sensory friendly shows are scheduled for the 2017-18 Moody Theatre For Families and the Main Stage Seasons:
Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 11 a.m.
A general guide to visiting the Topfer Theatre at ZACH:
We have a limited number of free tickets for some of these performances. Please contact email@example.com or click here to request these tickets.
This program is supported in part by:
Special thanks to TDF’s National Autism Friendly Performance Training Program for serving as an advisor, www.tdf.org/autism