ZACH Theatre has always made inclusivity a mainstay of our productions.
To continue this tradition, we have created a sensory-friendly performance. A sensory-friendly performance is specifically geared toward families with members on the autism spectrum. The term “sensory friendly” is a common term for events and experiences at theaters and museums.
For ZACH’s performance:
- We will make environmental alterations including lighting, sound, and more relaxed house rules.
- We will use glow sticks to indicate where potentially loud noises, big movements, or changes may occur.
- All seating will be general admission to better accommodate individual family needs.
- Each family will have more space to spread out in the theatre before, during, and after the performance
- Families will be allowed to come and go as needed during the performance.
- We will provide quiet space in the lobby or on our plaza (should weather cooperate).
Sensory Friendly Events
The following sensory friendly shows are scheduled for the 2017-18 Moody Theatre For Families Season:
Las Aventuras de Enoughie
Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 11 a.m.
Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 11 a.m.
We have a limited number of free tickets for these performances. Please contact email@example.com or click here to request these tickets.
This program is supported in part by: