PPC ELITE DATES, CLASS LISTS, SCHEDULE, STRUCTURE, LINKS, ETC.
SUNDAY SCHEDULE: Sunday, 10/16
1:30- 3:30 p.m. Ballet | Musical Theatre workshop
3:30-4:30 p.m. Ballet | MTW
4:30-5:30 p.m. Company- Reviewing Material
5:30-7:00 p.m. Ballet | Senior #1 class
7:00-8:30 p.m. Ballet | Senior # 2 class
2017-2018 PPC CONTACT AND CLASS SCHEDULE FOLDER
FALL SEMESTER: September 10- December 18 (No class November 19)
Your placement in the class rotations is determined by dance leveling and musical theatre workshop. You are required to take your assigned dance class. You can take as many dance classes as you like, but you must be approved by Jen to take the advanced dance class: D. Underclassmen are invited to observe the Senior College Prep-classes.
SPRING: January 7- Sunday, May 14
Rehearsal is from 1:30 PM- 8:15 PM. We run the spring semester like a professional rehearsal schedule. Not everyone will be called every time for the entirety of rehearsal, rather the call times will be staggered and announced the Sunday before.
WINTER RETREAT: Friday, December 29- Saturday, December 30th
PPC ELITE Mandatory Rehearsals:
Friday, April 6 | 5:30- 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 7 | 9:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday, April 27 | Designer Run
Friday, April 28 | 9:00 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
Thursday-Saturday, May 3-5 | RED HOT and Soul Rehearsal and performance
Sunday, May 6 | Topfer Run Through
Monday, May 7-Thursday, May 10 |TECH
Friday, May 11- Sunday, May 13 | PPC SHOWCASE
EXPECTED ELITE BEHAVIOR
• Please be kind and respectful to your teachers and peers
• Use your manners with Directors, Guest Directors, Parents, etc.
• No Cell phones allowed in rehearsal. You will get two warnings
• Do not lie down or sit when we are working in class
• Take initiative and help others
• Work hard and stay focused
• Communicate when you have a concern
• Please do not talk or give suggestions in rehearsal
• Be leaders with the younger PPC groups
• Please keep talking to a minimum and only at appropriate times
• There is no talking at all when rehearsing with a guest artist
• The only people who are allowed to give notes are the Directors, Dance Captains and Section Leaders
Performance Features: are given to students that work really hard, show kindness and respect to their peers, and are consistent with their training. When selecting featured students, we consider upperclassmen first.
DROP OFF | ARRIVAL
• It is always safe to meet in the Whisenhunt building. There will be Main Stage rehearsals in the NOWLIN, so please check your email and the Facebook group to know which studio to go to.
• Email is the best for Jen! firstname.lastname@example.org
• Join facebook group
• Jen DOES NOT check Face book messages that often
• Jen’s Cell- (512) 704-4846
Please come to Jen or Josh with any questions or concerns. We are very open to feedback and appreciate open communication.
DRESS CODE: Students must wear appropriate clothing to participate in class.
• Girls- Tights, solid leotard, dance shoes, hair pulled back in bun. Ballet or dance skirt. Taps, heels, ballet and jazz shoes.
• Boys- Solid white T and Black athletic pants or black ballet pants when taking ballet, black jazz or ballet shoes. All males must wear a dance belt.
• All are required to look like you are going to a professional audition.
• Choose solid black cover ups. PPC shirt is fine.
• NO SHORTS, socks or bare feet, flip flops or sandals unless permitted.
PPC CONTRACTS: Due on September 24, 2017
Please note that if a student is in breach of contract, then the student will be dismissed from the Company will not receive a tuition refund.
BREACH OF CONTRACT:
• If you exceed the allotted two unexcused absences/ per semester
• There is a no bullying tolerance. Any bullying or hurtful gossip will be reviewed and student may be dismissed.
• Any gossip about PPC guest artists or teachers is in breach of contract.
• You are expected to work hard and review your material at home. The student will recieve two warnings, after two warnings, we will propose a conference meeting to determine if PPC is the right fit.
• Preparation- You must have all of your materials and follow dress code policy.
GOALS OF PPC ELITE:
• To ensure a quality Musical Theatre training program in a conservatory structure.
• To prepare students for College and Professional auditions
• To give students the opportunity to work with variety of professional teaching artists.
• To challenge students, and to help them grow as performing artists.
• To offer professional rehearsal and performing experiences.
• To give back to the community