Please feel free to bring healthy snacks or treats!!!
PPC Elite Demonstration
Sunday, December 17 | 5-7 p.m. in the NOWLIN
We are excited to share with you what PPC Elite has been working on! Help support your fellow PPC Peeps while they present their Musical Theatre Workshop scenes and the PPC Seniors will also be performing their College Audition Material. Join us in the NOWLIN and feel free to invite your friends!
Austin Trail of Lights Performance
Friday, December 22 | 9 p.m.
PPC Elite will be rocking it out at the Austin Trail of Lights! I have enough wristbands for all in PPC to attend! Please fill out the Doodle Form Here and I will be sure to give you a wrist band to get into the Trail of Lights that evening.
A and B COMPANY PPC PROJECTS
DUE- January 15
Each Student in A and B Company were assigned a Musical to research and present with another PPC member. This Musical Theatre Project is graded and will discussed in our Spring Evaluations.
40 % of Grade- Students will research their selected Musical in class. They will present the following details on a Trifold.
Costumes and Scenic design
Which actors originated the roles on Broadway
Feel free to add as much as you like
60% of Grade- Performance Scoring your Scene and Song
Students will choose a character from within the show that they feel like they identify with or that fits their “type”. They will communicate and work with their partner to select a duet, solo, or scene from the show that they will perform in class. Students are required to have the following written down and in a folder:
Overall Objective (what you need from the other person)
Tactics- Verbs that help you get what you want
Beats or shifts
Please let Jen know if you need the Acting worksheet that was handed out in the beginning of the semester.
Kylie Diefenthaler, Mercy Bovik, Eric Larson|Crazy For You
Lydia Ent , Devon Bell |Pajama Game
Emma Wallace, Grace M., Kinsey Neas | Gypsy
Helena Laing, Brady Reardon, Ava Grace Light-Whipple | Dames at Sea
Carli Vinciguerra, Mark Willenbring, Ella Rutman | Parade
Collette Phillips, Aislin Lyman|Guys and Dolls
Araya Light Feeney, Jack Weaver | She Loves Me
Sydney Carreon, Sophie Montani, Ben Baskin|Damn Yankees
Veronica Britton, Morgan Francis | Fiddler On The Roof
MARK MADAMA MASTER CLASS:
Mondays | 5:30- 9:15 p.m. | September 25- December 11th (no class October 9 and Nov. 20th)
Sundays | 1:30-8:30 p.m. | September 24- December 10 (no class November 19)
SUNDAY CLASS: Students are required to attend their assigned dance class every Sunday. Three Sunday Company classes from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Fall Semester. Additional Classes on Sunday are optional, but strongly suggested
REMIND APP: We have a Remind App that will send PPC announcements through text. It is important that all parents and students sign up for this App.
To sign up for this App, please click on the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/jyoungma?utm_medium=ios
PPC GOOGLE FOLDER:
PPC 2017-18 Class Folder contains the following information:
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR IN PPC:
• Please be kind and respectful to your teachers and peers
• Use your manners with Directors, Guest Directors, Parents, etc.
• No Cell phones allowed in rehearsal. You will get two warnings
• Do not lie down or sit when we are working in class
• Take initiative and help others
• Work hard and stay focused
• Communicate when you have a concern
• Please do not talk or give suggestions in rehearsal
• Be leaders with the younger PPC groups
• Please keep talking to a minimum and only at appropriate times
• There is no talking at all when rehearsing with a guest artist
• The only people who are allowed to give notes are the Directors, Dance Captains and Section Leaders
Performance Features: are given to students that work really hard, show kindness and respect to their peers, and are consistent with their training. When selecting featured students, we consider upperclassmen first.
DROP OFF | ARRIVAL
• It is always safe to meet in the Whisenhunt building. There will be Main Stage rehearsals in the NOWLIN, so please check your email and the Facebook group to know which studio to go to.
• Email is the best for Jen! email@example.com
• Join facebook group
• Jen DOES NOT check Face book messages that often
• Jen’s Cell- (512) 704-4846
Please come to Jen or Josh with any questions or concerns. We are very open to feedback and appreciate open communication.
DRESS CODE: Students must wear appropriate clothing to participate in class.
• Girls- Tights, solid leotard, dance shoes, hair pulled back in bun. Ballet or dance skirt. Taps, heels, ballet and jazz shoes.
• Boys- Solid white T and Black athletic pants or black ballet pants when taking ballet, black jazz or ballet shoes. All males must wear a dance belt.
• All are required to look like you are going to a professional audition.
• Choose solid black cover ups. PPC shirt is fine.
• NO SHORTS, socks or bare feet, flip flops or sandals unless permitted.
PPC CONTRACTS: Due on September 24, 2017
Please note that if a student is in breach of contract, then the student will be dismissed from the Company will not receive a tuition refund.
BREACH OF CONTRACT:
• If you exceed the allotted two unexcused absences/ per semester
• There is a no bullying tolerance. Any bullying or hurtful gossip will be reviewed and student may be dismissed.
• Any gossip about PPC guest artists or teachers is in breach of contract.
• You are expected to work hard and review your material at home. The student will recieve two warnings, after two warnings, we will propose a conference meeting to determine if PPC is the right fit.
• Preparation- You must have all of your materials and follow dress code policy.
GOALS OF PPC:
• To ensure a quality Musical Theatre training program in a conservatory structure.
• To prepare students for College and Professional auditions
• To give students the opportunity to work with variety of professional teaching artists.
• To challenge students, and to help them grow as performing artists.
• To offer professional rehearsal and performing experiences.
• To give back to the community