The ZACH Theatre Pre-Professional Company (PPC) is an audition based program for serious students looking for a professional training experience in Musical Theatre. PPC students study year round in a conservatory structure. PPC Technique classes include: Voice, Acting, Acting The Song, Audition Technique, Nutrition for Performing Athletes, College Audition Preparatory and Rep. Students also learn various styles and methods of dance: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Theatre Dance. PPC students work closely with Broadway and Professional Teaching Artists in classes and in rehearsal.
**Those students accepted into PPC A Company and PPC Apprentice will be considered to be cast in ZACH’s Productions of MATILDA and A CHRISTMAS CAROL.
GENERAL PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION:
Students from Austin and Central Texas audition for PPC each year. We typically have close to 300 students audition and we accept 89 students (Grades 5th-12th) into the program. We currently have students that commute from Frederiksberg, San Marcos, Wimberley, Lampasas, Buda, Temple, Seguin in addition to Austin and the surrounding areas.
PPC A: Grades 4th- 8th
Mondays | 4:30- 7:30 p.m.
1.5 hours Dance technique
1.5 hours Audition technique, Acting Fundamentals, Musical Theatre Workshop
Event Material and Showcase Choreography
PPC B: Grades 8th-10th
Mondays | 5:30- 9:15 p.m.
1.5 hours Dance Technique
1.5 hours Musical Theatre workshop, MT Audition technique, MT Acting
1.5 hours Material | Choreography
PPC ELITE: Grades 10th-12th
Sundays | 1:00- 8:30 p.m.
5 hour technique class roation
• Students attend weekly technique and master classes.
• Junior and Senior High School PPC students focus on College Rep and Technique for College Auditions.
• Past PPC Performances include: Chuy’s Day Parade, Dancing with The Stars Austin, Dell Children’s Hospital Gala, Boys and Girls Club Gala, Austin Trail of Lights, Austin Fab Five Gala, Domain Breakfast with Santa, Jr. League Armadillo Bazar.
• Students continue their technique work while rehearsing for the PPC Musical Showcase. The PPC showcase is designed to highlight specific performance abilities and their skills learned.
• Perform at ZACH’s annual Red Hot and Soul Gala at the Topfer Theatre
Auditions for PPC 2019-20 will be held at ZACH Theatre in July and August of 2019.