"The city's liveliest and most polished professional theater." - The Statesman
Topfer Theatre Community Open House
You are invited to join in celebrating the opening of Austin’s newest cultural treasure, the Topfer Theatre, at a Community Open House and Dedication Ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 3rd from 10am to 3pm. All events are free and open to the public.
Following a formal dedication ceremony of the Topfer Theatre, we’ll feature tours of the new theatre and grounds, discussions with Rhytons artist Cliff Garten, music from our Theatre for Youth production of Mariachi Girl and a reading of Steven Dietz’s Mad Beat Hip & Gone, which will make its World Premiere at ZACH in Spring of 2013.
We’ll have food, beverages and the typical ZACH flair that always make these events special.
We hope you can join us for this very special day for the Austin community!
Here's the lineup:
- 10 a.m. – Official dedication of the Topfer Theatre and sculpture Rhytons
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Tours of the theatre building and grounds
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Mariachi entertainment on the People’s Plaza
- 12:30 p.m. – Reading of Mad Beat Hip & Gone in the Topfer Theatre
Click here for a campus-wide map and information about parking. If you have any questions about this free day of events, please call ZACH's box office at 512-476-0541, x1.
ZACH's Community Open House is presented in partnership with:
- On Stage
- Topfer Theatre Campaign
- Special Events
- youth theatre
- Summer Camps
- Shows for Families
- Shows for Schools
- Spring Classes
- Spring Break and One Day Camps
- Pre-Professional and College Bound Auditions
- Registration and Policies
- Teacher & Staff Bios
- Improv Classes for Adults
- space rentals
- Press Contacts
- ZACH Theatre Press Releases
- Topfer Theatre Media
- Current Production Photos
- Past Production Photos
- Red, Hot & Soul 2013
- ZACH Theatre Logos & Usage
- Leadership Bios & Headshots