Unique Event & Theatre Spaces Available for Venue Rentals
ZACH campus includes three theatre spaces for events and seven other unique spaces for rent. ZACH is located on the perimeter of downtown Austin right on Lady Bird Lake with some of the best skyline views!
The ten spaces below can be rented alone or in conjunction with other event spaces on the ZACH campus. ZACH has convenient parking, excellent production staff, and state of the art equipment to make your event an astounding success.
- Topfer Theatre: 427-seat state-of-the-art performance venue, proscenium stage, built in 2012. There is an additional Director’s Booth which seats up to eight. The furthest seat from the stage is less than 43 feet. The rake is steep such that everyone has a great view. The seats are known as the most comfortable of any Austin theatre. There are four dressing rooms and a green room (when available). The technical capabilities and professional production staff exceed expectations for all sorts of events (galas, performances, award ceremonies, corporate presentations and much more). This theatre is rented with or without a set depending on the time of the year. Call for availability and see our calendar to see if it is show night.
- Grand Lobby & Bar (inside the Topfer Theatre): Capacity- 420 standing. The lobby is a great location for many types of events. There is a large DREAM sign whose color can be customized, sophisticated lounge furniture and cocktail tables, two 40 inch screens for custom programming, a grand piano and small stage, built in speakers and the ability for a wired microphone and IPOD inputs. The Grand Bar has floor to ceiling windows overlooking Town Lake. The lobby is available most daytimes and in the evenings when we do not have a show.
- Serra Skyline VIP Lounge and Terkel Terrace (inside the Topfer Theatre): Capacity- 90 cocktail, 20-26 board room, U-shaped, cocktail, 30 seated meal. A beautiful lounge with bar with the best panoramic downtown views in town (including of the Capital). The outdoor terrace adds to the unique space. There is built in speakers, one 40 inch television, sophisticated lounge furniture/cocktail tables, IPOD connection, ability for one wired microphone, two unisex restrooms. This space is great for board meetings, parties, cocktail events, meetings. The Serra Lounge is available most daytimes and in the evenings when we do not have a show.
- People’s Plaza and Bobbi Pavilion: Capacity- 430 seated and 850 cocktail. A 6,700 square foot plaza with a gorgeous and unique 80 x 80 ZACH owned custom Sperry five-pole tent. This space can be rented with or without our tent. Our tent includes both opaque and clear walls. Lighting and glass doors are additional through vendors. The Plaza is available most daytimes and in the evenings even if we have a show if the client can find transportation for guests (parking would be needed for show guests).
- Kleberg Stage: 225-seat performance venue, thrust stage, including lobby, built in bar and patio access. This stage is rented with and without a current set depending on the time of the year. Please see our show schedule to assess availability.
- Kleberg Lobby: The lobby can be used for a separate event as well for up to 100 standing and 30 for a seated dinner. There is a built in bar and patio access
- Whisenhunt Stage: 130-seat theatre-in-the-round performance venue. Please see our show calendar to assess availability.
- Whisenhunt Studio: 1,000 square foot event space with a sprung wooden floor, sound system and mirrors.
- Nowlin Rehearsal Studio: Capacity- 300 cocktail, 180 seated. A 3,200 square foot event and rehearsal space with beautiful five times sprung oak floors and mirrors (with the ability to cover with velour). There is built in speakers and the ability to easily wire microphones and project onto the light colored wall. This space is ZACH’s only unlicensed space on our campus.
- Portables – ZACH has two portables which work well for classroom type events rentals and trainings. Capacity is 49 per portable.
Please click here to see more photos of our spaces.
Additional ZACH Event Rental Services:
- Catering – Please see our preferred catering list and let us know if you have special catering needs.
- Production – ZACH has some of the best production staffing in town. Our production team is required to run our equipment in ZACH Theatre spaces and will assure the event goes seamlessly.
- Production Equipment – ZACH Theatre spaces have all the audio/visual equipment clients could require: sound, creative lighting options, and more. In our other spaces we work with vendors.
- In-House Rental Equipment – ZACH has an inventory of: (2) coat racks, easels, (3) 4 foot tables, (8) six foot tables, (10) eight foot tables and (12) 60′ inch rounds and (3) 72′ rounds, (5) 36′ tall boy cocktail tables, (70) black folding chairs and (180) fair condition white wooden chairs. We also have a limited supply of black linens for the above tables. Outside of the above, please look to our preferred vendors.
- WIFI – ZACH has Google Fiber internet which can be subdivided with private and wired networks for clients.
- Ticketing – We do not market private events through our marketing channels however, we can provide full or partial ticketing and box office services including a link to purchase from the calendar page on our site, this link can be embedded in client event marketing. We can also do ticket prints for creative invitations and much more. ZACH allows clients to do their own ticketing as well.
- Bar -We have a very sophisticated bar at ZACH, with the exception of the Nowlin, all bar services are handled by our bar. We can do custom drinks, drink tickets and a variety of options to suit client needs.
- Ushers – We provide complimentary ushers for events in our theatre spaces if desired.
- Parking – We have convenient parking depending on the number of spots requested. Clients can pre-pay for their guests when theatre events are not happening. We provide professional parking attendants to assist with parking. ZACH Theatre has a partnership with RIDE AUSTIN. RIDE AUSTIN has ZACH as a “round up ‘’ option to which to donate. RIDE AUSTIN matches Lyft & Uber rates and pays drivers more.
Browse a list of our preferred and recommended vendors.
Consider enhancing your next special event at ZACH with a group ticket purchase to a current production. Discounts are available for groups of eight or more! Please click here for group tickets.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-476-0541 x235 for more information or submit the questionnaire below to get started: