ZACH is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
ZACH Theatre seeks dance instructors to teach Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Tap and Musical Theatre classes. Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in dance, musical theatre, or theatre education. They should also have at least five (5) years experience in teaching a specific genre (ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap or musical theatre dance), and experience teaching children in grades 3–12. All candidates should have experience with classroom management and structure and can provide examples of specific lesson plans that demonstrate the appropriate curriculum for classes.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume detailing experience in teaching dance to children, and contact information for three references to Jen Young, Pre-professional Company Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Director/Voice Instructor (Contract)
ZACH Theatre is seeking Voice Instructors/ Musical Directors for classes and summer camps. We are looking for a teacher who can teach music, accompany students, create musical arrangments, and offer vocal coaching.
Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in music, voice, or theatre education. They should also have at least five (5) years experience in teaching teaching students in grades 3–12. All candidates should have experience with classroom management and structure and can provide examples of specific lesson plans that demonstrate the appropriate curriculum for classes.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume detailing experience in teaching music and/or voice, and contact information for three references to Jen Young, Pre-professional Company Manager, at email@example.com
Costume and Scenic Designers
We are currently accepting resumes for Costume and Scenic Designers.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Technical Director
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Technical Director is expected to assist in the drafting, budgeting, preparation, and assembly of all ZACH productions and projects as assigned by the Technical Director.
- Maintain a safety oriented work environment and practice while cultivating safe work practices in the shop and theaters during load-in, strike, and day-to-day operations
- Assists in the accurate budgeting of materials and labor for each ZACH production as directed by the TD based on Scenic Drawings and Renderings, including preparation of budget templates and build, load-in, and strike schedules.
- Responsible for producing AutoCAD Drawings as outlined by the TD’s production timeline
- Assists in the acquisition of materials and special order products or equipment with ample lead time on both ZACH production and various special projects as directed by the TD
- Facilitate clear and effective communication between the TD and Shop Foreman, ensuring the Foreman has an understanding of the full design and the scope of each project, through various modes of communication: drawings, written, and verbal.
- Responsible for receipt processing and data entry while maintaining both physical and digital receipt archives
- Assist with planning and follow through of scene shop and facilities improvements for the production department and special projects for productions as assigned by the TD
- Act as Technical Director in the Absence of the Technical Director; to include, but not limited to, attending Design and Production Meetings, Technical and Dress Rehearsal, and other meetings/events as directed by the Technical Director or Director of Production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting standards, primarily AutoCAD
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard theatrical construction methods, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of theatre history
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in typing, proofing, and drawing materials
- Working knowledge of lighting, scenery, and sound design
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power supplies including single and three phase
- Working knowledge of automation equipment, specifically with Creative Conners gear
- General knowledge of theatrical rigging
- Regularly attend Technical and Dress Rehearsals in conjunction with/in place of the Technical Director
- Work Nights and Weekends as required.
- Special Events: Works with Development, Director of Production and the Artistic Director in the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events program
- Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
- Work with Technical Director in maintaining and implementing a high level of production values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
- Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts or other high places.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces.
- Comfortable with mechanics and automation.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree, preferably in technical theater, or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities
- Valid Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to produce construction drawings, from concept to shop floor, using both 2D and 3D AutoCAD drafting techniques
- Ability to project material and labor costs for scenic units
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage personnel and projects, and multitask
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate the internet and source unique materials and equipment from a variety of vendors
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Familiarity with concepts of structural design, geometry, algebra and trigonometry.
- A Demonstrated knowledge of stage operations.
- Working knowledge of special effects and how they are achieved
- Willingness to operate the shop Panel/Cargo Van and other large vehicles as necessary
- Willingness to safely operate forklift per ZACH protocol after in-house certification
Qualified applicants should submit resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.